Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Face Off

Tonight I am watching my latest episode of Face Off. I really enjoy this show because I am fascinated with theatrical and movie makeup. I loved learning about it when I took a teen class at SCR (South Coast Repertory) and I took a theatrical makeup class. I have always loved creating a new persona, a different character. Makeup is a great way to change some one's look without a huge effort some times. I wish I had more opportunities to use some theatrical makeup techniques. I helped with makeup on a film I was the production manager on in film school. I also helped a friend prank some other friends by putting big bruises on him. I love creating that illusion. I think that is why I like Halloween. It give me an excuse to try something new. I made myself a construction site victim and my husband a ghostly cowboy just to open the door for treat or treaters and we dated. I need to find something new to try to satisfy that urge to create a creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment