Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Note to my Readers

I truly appreciate all who choose to read my blog. Thank you already for the great feedback on my first post. I want to write a small note before I go too far into this.

I am trying to writing with as much honestly and openness as I can. In the past when I've started things like this up, I worry about who is reading this and if it will be "safe" for the audience to read. I know for a fact I believe things that some family and friends don't. I know for a fact that my beliefs lead to hostile territory for some. And to this point, though I have not been shy to talk about them, I just choose to monitor my openness so I don't injury relationships unnecessarily.

I feel that if I am to do this properly and to get what I am looking for out of this, I have to let it all hang out. My flaws, beliefs, opinions- right or wrong, feelings, passions, observations, the whole gambit has to be out there for the world to see. It is intimidating, but I sense a world of freedom waiting for me once I head in that direction.

So the point of this note is not to apologize or make an excuse for my writing, but more warn those who might be sensitive to some of the topics or conversations I am choosing to have with myself through my writing here. I'm going to go there. I have to be selfish about it this time.

I'd love to have you all on my journey, but I understand those who choose not to. I appreciate you and respect you all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment