Monday, August 6, 2012

Dipping my toe into the water....

Well, I've tried before but never get very far. I'm telling myself it will be different this time. But what makes it different this time? Is it that I have a long term goal in mind now? Or I finally am drinking more water like I've told myself I must do for five years now, so I must be ready for this?

 For whatever reason, I am here and I am committing. I am going to start my writing blog. For real this time. No foolin'. Here's the catalyst, I have an idea for a novel. It is the first time I have a concise idea for a writing project to date. I know I need to take advantage of it and not let it slip through my fingers. I am still gaining the momentum and courage to put pen to paper or finger to keyboard to write the beginnings of the novel so I thought I should at least be writing every day. Or so famous writers have said I should. Not directly to me, but in their recommendations for other aspiring writers.

So I aim to write something, everyday while I work towards and eventually while I write my novel. I will write about creative things and ideas, but mainly I think I'll end up writing my observations of my world. That is something mildly uncomfortable since I can't imagine who would be interested, but I must remember, that isn't the point. The point is to get me writing. It doesn't matter about what.

I haven't decided how I will handle the blog vs. the novel. I am already brainstorming for it and I am definitely not ready to beginning writing yet. I think I want to keep it private until I decide if I am going to pursue publishing. I might give little tidbits to try out if I get an audience on here. I still am aiming to write something on the blog once a day, even if is to report I did my daily writing on the novel instead.

I know I will miss days and I have to be okay with that too. I think if I can maintain a healthy diligence about this, that is reasonable to start. I read a quote today: "If you want something you've never had before, you've got to do something you've never done before." -Drina Reed. I have never written a novel before. And it is something I truly want.

Here goes nothing!

1 comment:

  1. This the twists and turns of life. Hold on and let go! You inspire me. :)

    ReplyDelete