Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Just A Broadway Baby

I just got home from a preview of the Sergstrom Performing Arts Center's 2012-2013 season. It looks like it will be a good season. I love Broadway, I always have. I took vocal lessons a little girl, learning to sing the song from the title of my blog and others. I also learned about Broadwy's brightest, at the time, Andrew Llyod Webber. I told my mom, probably around 3-4 years old, that when I move to New York City someday to not be sad because I'd send her a postcard.

While my aspirations changed, I never will give up the dream of performing Broadway greats on stage. It always captures my imagination and I can't help but pick out what part I'd dream to play after the lights come up.

I've had the good fortune of seeing one of the shows on Broadway this last February, Sister Act. It's a great show and I am excited to see it again. They are also bringing WarHorse. It looks amazing. They brought out the main puppet horse, Joey. It was so beautiful and moving. So innovative and creative. I'm excited about seeing the whole thing.

I'll have to pull out some of my soundtracks to get in the mood! Come along and listen to the lullaby of Broadway....

No comments:

Post a Comment