Monday, August 13, 2012

Another Monday

Back to the grind today. It felt like a productive day today. I have a bunch of personal stuff to attend to after my full weekend. That's pretty average though. I want to get back to my sewing machine or my hand-stitching soon. I told myself I couldn't buy fabric when we go to Hawaii unless I get my dress done and at least one more shirt for Jeremy, seeing as I have had fabric from our honeymoon four years ago that I just got around to using for his shirt. I still have enough for a matching dress and yardage of two other patterns for shirts. Not to mention all the other fabric I have for aprons and other projects I've told myself I'd eventually get to. I will, I just should stop adding to that pile and finish what I have. It will still sit though. I'm a changing woman but I can't change that fast.

It has been so humid and hot, it is hard to find motivation to do anything, let alone some of my crafty stuff. I have a good chunk of housework that I know I need to do, but dissolve it away by saying, oh, I've worked so hard today, I need a break. Or one of many other reasons that seem totally valid but still don't make the chores go away.

I'm on day 7 of my water drinking too. I know I keep mentioning it, but I am stoked I am actually following through on this. Yesterday I don't think I got the amount I should have with the heat, but I still put in a very strong effort. More than I would have let's say, 8 days ago. I think it helping I have been seeing some results. I have slightly less foot pain and less tendency for charlie horses in my calves while I am hydrated. I also have lost some weight by not drinking sugary drinks at lunch time. I will allow myself a glass of juice once a day and on long days, I'll have a soda or beer. It's amazing what your shorts being almost too loose can do for confidence levels! I wish my confidence wasn't so affected by that but, I guess every little bit counts towards happiness.

While I am on this motivated kick, I think Saturday might be my first spin class. A sorority sister teaches a class on Saturdays at YAS in Costa Mesa. She referred me to a special that Plum District was running so I bought it. Now onto the actual using of it. I think Saturday will be a good day to start. I've got a meeting with the sorority advisors later, but I have plenty of time to have my ass served to me on those spin bikes. Maybe I'll find my new found passion. Maybe I won't. All I know is, I am going to try, try, try.


No comments:

Post a Comment